Job Type :
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Safety Lead, Projects
With over 60 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a large midstream natural gas businesses, Manpower is seeking a Safety Lead, Projects, to fulfill a long term ongoing contract in Calgary, AB.
* Supporting conformance with our Client and regulatory health and safety requirements in partnership with the line (Ops, Construction, Transmission, Maintenance, Turnaround)
* Assuring the quality of standards and systems set in place are met
* Manage safety professionals to support the health and safety success of the assigned project(s)
* Ensuring Contractors Programs are fit for purpose specific to the project (ie PSSP, Compliance with Contractor H&S Requirements Document, Emergency Response Plan, etc.)
* Manage the deployment and day to day performance of safety specialists
* Advise and support our Client and their contractors in meeting safety contractual, legal and regulatory requirements
* Facilitate development of, participate in, and conduct periodic reviews of Hazard Assessments to ensure that all Health and Safety hazards are identified and adequately addressed
* Assist in reviewing/assessing performance of Contractors and verify their competency and knowledge of applicable HSSE policies/procedures/programs
* Verify that an emergency response organization is in place for projects and perform assigned duties in accordance with the ER Plan
* Liaise with all relevant site/office based teams regarding safety planning, actions, monitor and report HSE performance/incidents
* Lead or participate in Incident Investigations to determine Immediate and Systems Causes and developing Corrective Actions and lessons learned
* Facilitate and lead safety meetings, health and safety campaigns
* Experience leading remote teams in the field
* Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management or equivalent;
* Professional Designation (CRSP, or CSP)
* 15+ years of experience in a safety and health related field
* Recent experience with field health and safety operations
* Experience with pipeline and plant construction
* Knowledge of applicable federal and provincial occupational health and safety acts, codes and regulations
* Experience in monitoring and evaluating health and safety programs in partnership with construction contractors
* Knowledge in the application of an EHS management system
* Ability to be effective within a matrix organizational structure
* Ability to coordinate multiple field health and safety specialists
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced setting
* Ability to deal effectively with local, provincial and federal regulatory agencies
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca Alternatively, you can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 403-269-6936 and ask for Melissa.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.