Job Type :
Wednesday, 05 April 2017
The Production Operator is responsible for performing any combination of the following: prepares, processes, inspects, and packages commodities and/or finished product. Monitors and responds to basic functioning needs of area equipment, i.e. line speed, feeding product, line clearances, loading or unloading materials. This person is expected to adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements. The Production Operator will clean equipment and work area.
* High School Diploma required.
* Must be able to perform various functions of a highly repetitive nature while maintaining concentration of task.
* Must adhere to all gowning/uniform requirements in assigned area.
* Must be able to keep accurate records and production logs, as well as complete batch records as required.
* Must be able to process, inspect, and/or package commodities thru various processing stages
* Must be able to operate minor assembly type machines in or out of clean room type environment.
* Must be able to perform detailed inspection of commodities.
* Ability to comprehend and respond to verbal and written instructions/plant documents.
* Ability to maintain concentration while performing repetitive tasks.
* Ability to work independently or in groups effectively.
* Ability to work overtime as required.
* Material Handler - Ability to operate a pallet jack or forklift
Use computer terminal 2 hours per shift, respond to visual warning indicators, respond to audible indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work on knees occasionally, wear specialized protective clothing, wear PPE (safety shoes/glasses/etc), work in hot or cold environment, work in hearing conservation area,
Stand up to 10-12 hours per shift, twist at waist 20 times per hour, regularly lift up to 35 pounds per activity 20 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 10 times per shift, occasionally may lift over 50 pounds with assistance, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks, repetitive use of upper extremities.