Hackensack, NJ - (USA) 505 Main St NJ Hackensack , NJ - 07601 Phone : 201-342-6962
Specification Writer !
Our Fortune 500 Company the leader in CPG is seeking to hire a Specification Writer for our Material Expert Team to assist in the support in the execution and creation of quality ingredient spec's.
Come and join out team.
To work with the Specification staff, interface with R&D, Supply Chain, and Global personnel in a manner as to support Specification Management and MET (Material Expert Team) to deliver quality ingredient specifications.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work):
The Ingredient Specification Temp is generally expected to be responsible for the following work activities:
- Works independently to support the SMT and MET team in the execution of updates and creation of quality ingredient specifications.
- Perform various data entry tasks, and data pulls from R&D Information Systems.
- Actively participate with other team members working in R&D SMT Systems for complex R&D and MET initiatives involving specification systems.
- Develop reports and spreadsheets to communicate new ingredient specifications.
- Communicate effectively to members of immediate team, other corporate functional groups and Unilever plants & 3PM sites.
- Meeting critical deadlines by maintaining order and structure in a multi-tasked work flow.
- Maintaining active communications with Global METs, Regional METs, and other SMT team members in a manner that supports work flow and deadlines.
- Learning new concepts quickly with minimal instruction and with a "take charge" approach.
- BS in science: Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition degrees preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and able to work well in a fast paced corporate environment, independently and as part of a team.
- Multi-tasking of responsibilities is key to the success of this position.
- Strong working relationships in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet strict project deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (must be able to create and maintain spreadsheets in MS Excel)
- Raw Material experience a plus.
- Foods experience a plus.
Knowledge of SAP and/or other manufacturing systems