Job Type :
Thursday, 12 January 2017
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8am-5pm (weekends as deemed necessary)
1. Prepares and inputs plants accounts payable invoices into JDE, which includes matching PO's and receivers to invoices.
2. Researches and resolves accounts payable problems.
3. Calculates sales and use taxes.
4. Prepares and inputs month end accounts payable accruals into JDE.
5. Prepares accounts payable documentation for foreign draft and wire transfers.
6. Prepares, and inputs, vendor debit memos in JDE.
7. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
8. Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers.
9. Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for your area of responsibility.
10. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
11. While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
12. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
13. Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the company manuals.
Stable Accounts Payable experience
Working knowledge of the following areas: accounting principles, practices, nomenclature and procedures.
Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Working knowledge of the following areas: accounting principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
* Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
* Organizational. Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
* Ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
* Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
* Requires originality and good judgment.
* Ability to arrange or organize according to systematic groups, classes or categories.
* Ability to interrogate; to doubt; to inquire.
* Ability to perform or work repeatedly in order to gain proficiency.
* Ability to inquire specifically, using involved and critical investigations.
* Ability to anticipate tasks, situations, etc., in carrying out responsibilities.
* Ability to meet schedules. Ability to serve as a positive example to others.
* Ability to provide meticulous attention to detail and accuracy to work.
* Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
* Communication. Ability to effectively write, read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.