Job Type :
Friday, 24 February 2017
Accounting Clerk / Office Assistant
For over 30 years our local Red Deer office has been partnering with companies in Red Deer and area. We assist them with staffing needs that may be contract, contract-to-permanent, or permanent. We are recruiting for experienced Accounting Clerks and Office Assistants.
Working hours are typically from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00pm.
Typical duties would include:
* Maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities
* Perform a combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial date for use in maintaining accounting records
* Reconcile accounts, cheque runs, generations of payments and resolving account issues with vendors
* Developing, editing, proofreading, and finalizing correspondence, reports, and statements
* Maintaining file management and record keeping system
* Communicating with clients, vendors, and customers in person and over the phone
* Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
We are looking for candidates who have:
* Minimum 2+ years' experience in an administrative role
* Working knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Payable
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and accounting systems such as Sage, QuickBooks, and JD Edwards
* Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities, with sound decision making skills to determine priority of tasks and excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional work environment
* Business Administration Diploma or equivalent would be considered an asset
In addition to gaining valuable experience with industry leading companies, Manpower associates receive:
* Vacation and General Holiday Pay
* Weekly pay via direct deposit
* Access to Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance benefits
* Complimentary access to Manpower's online university
* Access to Referral bonus program
If you interested in opportunities as Accounting Clerk / Office Assistant in Red Deer, Click on APPLY or submit your application at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email us your resume citing "Accounting Clerk / Office Assistant" to email@example.com or contact us at 403.342.2166.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter@ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.