Job Type :
Thursday, 05 January 2017
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for completing payment of all invoices by verifying charges and matching purchase orders and receiving documentation as necessary; coding expenses to the appropriate account and ensure approvals are in order; enter all approved invoices in Great Plains software and issue checks for management signature and release of checks to vendors; process employee expense reports and check requests; reconcile accounts as necessary; review accounts payable balances per vendor and purchase order information monthly for Accounting Manager. This position will work with production staff and accounting manager for the ordering and purchasing of materials, supplies and/or equipment - requires follow through with vendors to ensure orders are accurate and delivered on time while maintaining all relevant documents related to orders. There will be other accounting duties as assigned/required by the Accounting Manager.
* AA/AS or Accounting Certificate from an accredited university or college program, BA/BS an advantage.
* Minimum 2 years experience in accounts payable, purchasing or a related accounting function.
* Strong Excel skills in addition to competent skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook.
* Experience with accounting software packages (QuickBooks, etc) required, experience with Great Plains software preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment.
* Ability to work as part of a team - maintain confidentiality - possess a positive and professional demeanor