Job Type :
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Compass Family Services- Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We are the access point for any SF family facing a housing crisis and our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, rental assistance, early childhood education, mental health support, in addition to a broad spectrum of counseling, parenting education, prevention, and support services.
$DOE (part time)
Deadline to apply: February 23rd 2017
**Resume and Cover Letter Required**
* 12 ECE Units or relevant experience
* Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
* At least 2 years of experience working directly with infants/preschool age children
* Understanding of issues facing homeless families, including children
* Experience working with children with special needs
* Understanding of confidentiality and proven record of handling sensitive issues appropriately
* Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with families
* Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, and cooperative
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Must be able to lift a child of 30 lbs.
* TB and fingerprint clearance (Department of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index)
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills in relating well with professionals and members from
various sectors with socio-economically diverse backgrounds
* Strong administrative skills and intermediate computer skills
* Flexibility to work occasional evening hours for special events
* Provide direct care and supervision of children while parents engage in classes, workshops
and Open Computer Lab.
* Assist new parents and children to feel comfortable and adjust to childcare.
* Lead and support planned activities that stimulate children's curiosity and abilities.
* Communicate to parents directly about child's care experience and any issues or concerns.
* Change diapers as needed and help younger children with toileting.
* Organize, store, and sanitize toys and materials* Report any suspected child abuse and/or neglect, in keeping with responsibilities of Mandated
* Report and document any incident that occurs in childcare that impacts the safety and/or
well-being of the child.
* Seek assistance, when necessary, from staff or parents if child(ren) are struggling and/or
support is needed for their care.
* Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world
and explore interests.
* Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the
attention of parents/case managers.
* Document notes from daily child care activities.
* Maintain inventory of child care supplies.
* Cover front desk and track registration.
* Assist in assembling orientation packets and maintaining files.
* Help with classes and special events, including set-up/breakdown of space and other preparations.