Job Type :
Thursday, 05 January 2017
The General Cleaner is responsible for performing the day-to-day and periodic cleaning activities in assigned work areas. Performs routine cleaning of general offices, restrooms, lobbies and corridors, and exterior areas, as directed, using prescribed procedures.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs daily and periodic tasks in assigned areas as directed
2. Maintains a neat and orderly work area, including janitorial closets and storage areas
3. Performs all cleaning assignments in accordance with C&W Services approved procedures
4. Maintains cleaning equipment in good working condition, and notifies the Account Manager or Supervisor if repair or replacement is necessary
5. Works safely at all times and promptly informs management about unsafe conditions existing in the work area
6. Wears personal protective equipment appropriate for the task being performed.
7. Meets all client and C&W Services quality expectations in assigned tasks
8. Assists in orientation and training for new employees as directed
9. Adheres to proper security procedures
10. Notifies management about problems or opportunities that affect service to the client
11. Performs other cleaning-related duties as required
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
Basic cleaning responsibilities require no previous experience
Ability to speak and read English is a plus and may be required by some clients
Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance
Performs restroom procedures:
1. Damp wipe glass surfaces
2. Empty waste baskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers
3. Dust sills, etc.
4. Clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions
5. Sweep, mop or scrub
6. Monitors defects, such as clogged urinals and lights out, and report to supervisors
* Performs floor care procedures:
1. Damp mop and spray buff, wash floors
2. Strip old finish, black marks, embedded dirt from floors prior to waxing or sealing
3. Apply coats of prescribed finish as required
* Performs periodic work:
1. High dusting, leather and wood surface (non-floor) polishing, wall washing, venetian blind cleaning, as assigned by the Supervisor
2. Assembles all necessary equipment
3. Removes/replaces designated carpet tiles
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must possess the necessary physical stamina to perform all required cleaning functions and be able to operate floor care and other mechanized custodial equipment.