Job Type :
Friday, 13 January 2017
Junior Safety Specialist
With over 55 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a leader in the petrochemical industry, Manpower is seeking a Junior Safety Specialist, to fulfill a contract position in Joffre, AB.
In this role, as a Safety Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
* Provides guidance to project leadership to maintain 100% compliance with federal, provincial and local Occupational Safety regulations.
* Liaise between contractor and leadership to provide insight back to leadership regarding field observations and interactions.
* Ensure that client expectations and standards for incident management are applied whenever meaningful and appropriate.
* Guides, advises and maintains client's Occupational Safety management systems for all assigned projects.
* Supports the implementation of corporate, business unit, and regional safety standards; facilitates site-specific safety programs designed to reduce employee workplace injuries and illnesses within all assigned projects.
* Promotes proactive hazard awareness/recognition to reduce incidents in the workplace and leads and provides guidance in the investigation to identify causal factors aimed at preventing future events from occurring.
* Ensures fulfillment of the regulatory and internal reporting and record keeping requirements for occupational illnesses, exposures and injuries.
* Represents the client's projects within the scope of Technical Services by actively participating in corporate, business unit, and regional safety networks.
* Makes recommendations to leadership aimed at driving safety initiatives for each respective project as appropriate.
* Participates in project planning including safety review of projects, safety design reviews of process / equipment changes at the site.
* Delivers safety training for project employees and contractors.
* Actively participates in, and supports the client's existing auditing program; ensure prompt closure of audit findings for the project.
* Prepares safety alerts, bulletins, and warnings to ensure effective communication of potential hazards to front line employees; assist leadership in the preparation and presentation of safety related materials and reports.
* Provides support to other client facilities as requested to support regional initiatives.
* Regulatory reporting preparation and compliance monitoring.
Successful candidates will have:
* A professional safety designation (CRSP, CSP, or CHSC) in addition to a NCSO designation
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact Melissa at 403.269.6936.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn about all of the job opportunities Manpower can offer you, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.
To learn about all of the career opportunities Manpower can offer you, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Services Alberta on Facebook.