Job Type :
Monday, 16 January 2017
A Sr. Software Development Engineer / full stack opportunity is available with a world leading industrial company in York, PA for a 6 month assignment. The main purpose of this position is develop user interface to in-house developed specialist software codes, (DEM; CFD; SPH) predominantly written in C++, that perform computationally intensive design calculations for mineral processing equipment, such as grinding mills and crushers. The developed design tools are commissioned on web accessible servers and made available to global user groups. The Senior Software Development Engineer will integrate the various codes and databases into a fully functional system, i.e. perform the services of a 'Full Stack' Developer working on everything from the Database to the front end. This role is responsible for the long term sustainability of the Software as a Service (SaaS) application. This includes responsibility for documentation, training, trouble shooting, and continuous improvement of the functionality and stability of the SaaS. This position will work closely with a team of Scientists and Engineers who are developing the simulation and modeling code, as well as the global user groups that are the end-users of the SaaS. Code standards and documentation will be aligned with other company entities that are developing code.
* Develop an understanding of existing code purpose and functionality
* Maintain code that is available on Servers as SaaS, develop metrics
* Develop specifications and program new code that will be made available as SaaS
* Commission new SaaS systems in a phased approach to ensure client satisfaction
* Provide leadership in software development through staff training.
* Provide internal consultancy support
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* BS Software Development/Management (Advanced Degree an advantage)
* 2-5 years of related experience in various aspects of 'Full Stack' software development (QA/QC, Project Management, Coding, Web Technology, HMI's, etc.)
* Strong & varied experience in all aspects of software development including coding
* Knowledge of advanced computer architectures and the latest software approaches
* Excellent communication skills: clear, effective oral and written in English is required
* Experience leading/guiding in a leading edge multi-cultural technical organization of highly educated personnel in a technical research and development environment
* Local / commutable to York, PA location
Please send your resume to: Gisele.Nadeau@Manpower.com for consideration