Job Type :
Friday, 24 February 2017
Business Analyst (Lead)
With over 60 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: One Year
Work Location: Edmonton
Reference Number: 2149173
Please note: Candidates MUST be available for an in-person interview in Edmonton, AB.
- Facilitating requirements, gathering and validating workshops
- Developing and documenting project vision and approach
- Analyzing and defining business requirements for determining roles, relationships and data structures to meet business, security, privacy and operational requirements
- Analyzing and defining data and information requirements needed to address business requirements for use by data modeler and architects
- Developing logical and physical data models and/or performing analysis and designing class models to meet business requirements
- Working with business clients and technical teams on the design, development and implementation of business applications
- Documenting, analyzing and managing business requirements
- Developing business cases
- Producing deliverables within specified quality standards
- Escalating issues and risks, as required
- Preparing and executing tasks in accordance with a defined project plan
- Reviewing and providing input on test strategies, plans, and test cases to ensure they adequately cover the defined business requirements
- Executing tasks in accordance with control processes; schedule management, status reporting, issues, risks and change management
- Attending necessary meetings to review schedule, status, issues, risk and change management
- Supporting project team members in the analysis of issues
- Preparing status reports, meeting minutes, change requests and other documents to management detailing tasks undertaken and timelines
- Obtaining sign-off on deliverables from appropriate program / project sponsors
- Post-secondary education, professional designation, and/or accreditation in a related field
- 10 years' experience working as a Lead Business Analyst in a custom software application development environment performing; functions, interviewing business clients, analyzing documents, leading requirements workshops, documenting requirements, developing and conducting surveys, documenting business processes, developing use cases, documenting business scenarios, developing business process models, and/or conducting impact analysis
- Experience working with business representatives to investigate and analyze policy changes, document business and system impacts, and develop strategy papers
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of one or more
Please apply online by creating your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email us at alberta.IT@manpower.com and reference ID2149173 in the subject line. Please ensure you are eligible for work in the indicated location of this opportunity.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.