Job Type :
Friday, 13 January 2017
Pull Testing Technologist
With over 60 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a North American Oil & Gas leader, Manpower is seeking a Pull Testing Technologist, to fulfill an 11 month contract Calgary. The pay rate for this role will be $25/hour.
In this role, you will assist the Project Manager and R&D team as required, your main responsibilities will include:
* Supervising on-site contractors; welder, crane operators, and defect technicians
* Supervising and assisting with pipe assembly for inline inspection testing
* Organizing and maintaining pipe inventory
* Operating pull rig machinery and data acquisition devices
* Assisting with transportation of pipe, tools, etc. (loading/unloading)
* Analyzing and documenting data collected from inline inspection tests using in-house software
* Assisting senior personnel with compiling, analyzing and interpreting results for internal/external customers
* Communicating results in detailed manner
* Developing, maintaining, and enforcing work processes to ensure safety, data accuracy, and integrity
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Technologist diploma, or certification with relevant experience
* Experience in a mechanical / engineering environment
* Developed mechanical aptitude; construction, automobiles, motorcycles, aviation etc.
* Strong willingness to work in an outdoor environment, support R&D lab activities, as well as shop / industrial work
* Fork lift experience and current certification would be considered a strong asset
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple items simultaneously
* Effective communication skills; written and verbal
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide results
* Strong attention to safety and knowledge of safety processes
* Ability to thrive under pressure and last-minute schedule changes
* Intermediate computer skills; MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and ability to learn in-house office software quickly
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 403.269.6936.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.