Job Type :
Monday, 30 January 2017
Project Manager - permanent job opportunity available with a leading national energy and utilities provider.
Overall responsibility will be for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of large-scale organizational transformations, mergers and acquisitions, and other integration initiatives. You have experience with managing business improvement projects in medium to large enterprises using a continuous improvement mindset.
The role is a part of a Project Management team that reports to the VP Customer Experience. The successful candidate enjoys the organized adrenaline of new challenges and the responsibility of driving business results while adapting their approach to the context and constraints of each project.
· Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
· Manage project scope and changes to scope, schedule, cost, and risks;
· Manage stakeholders' and project members' performance and accountabilities through a combination of tactful persuasion, facilitation, leadership, assertiveness, and enthusiasm;
· Facilitate team and user meetings effectively, and manage conflict amongst team members and stakeholders to successful resolution;
· Manage project budget and financial performance;
· Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities;
· Develop status updates for stakeholders and Manager;
· Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
· Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to stakeholders;
· Effectively apply Project Management methodology and enforce project standards;
· Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures;
· Surface and minimize project risks;
· Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· Hold regular status meetings with project team, and effectively communicate relevant project information;
· Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations;
· Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion;
· Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Education and Formal Experience:
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited University, MBA preferred;
· PMI certification is desirable; Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt certifications an asset;
· 7 - 10 years project management experience in large to medium organizations;
· 3-5 years' experience in a similar environment (decentralized decision-making, highly matrixed, field operations)
· Project and delivery experience with any of the major Systems Integrators, such as IBM Global Services, Accenture, Deloitte, CSC, etc., is a strong asset.
· Some experience working in large, sophisticated, process driven businesses is a strong asset;
· Experience with mergers, acquisitions, integration of new business