Job Type :
Thursday, 23 February 2017
Major transportation services company is seeking a highly organized and process-oriented Operations/Project Manager to join their team. S/he will manage 40+ staff who work across five distinct units. The Operations/Project Manager should have excellent project management, organizational management, and problem solving skills to support the operations of the agency.
In addition, s/he will:
* Oversee and advise on matters related to the day to day agency administrative functions including human resources, procurement, budgeting and contract management (~$13M total budget) and maintain appropriate records, tracking systems and controls related to the bureaus administrative functions.
* Track the progress of the project and evaluate whether the company is meeting contractual obligations.
* In collaboration with Bureau Administrators, provide executive level project management support and oversight on critical projects and serve as a resource to Bureau staff to ensure the smooth implementation of projects and ensure that objectives are achieved, and deadlines are met.
* Provide timely updates to the Bureau's Executive Director and other stakeholders, identifying unanticipated challenges and strategies for addressing those challenges.
* Evaluate Standard Operational Procedures and business functions and make recommendations for improvements.
* Ensure Bureau reference manuals are up to date and prepare current editions of all Bureau reference manuals annually.
* Prepare biweekly payroll reports and monthly staffing invoicing.
* Recruit and hire talent as necessary.
* Serve as the company liaison between on-site staff and HR Dept.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
* Effective project manager with at least 10+ years of proven ability to successfully guide and manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and to organize and drive projects to timely completion;
* Experience with financial management and/or procurement;
* Experience developing, documenting, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures;
* Highly organized with strong follow-through and an acute attention to detail;
* Excellent judgment and outstanding analytic, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills;
* Proven experience effectively managing staff and supporting team members in achieving objectives;
* Ability to work quickly under pressure while still ensuring a high quality work product;
* Experience and proven ability to cultivate partnerships with diverse stakeholders;
* Ability and willingness to take initiative and work collaboratively;
* Excellent communication (written and oral) skills;
* Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.