Job Type :
Wednesday, 11 January 2017
We are seeking a Truck Driver to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 10,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
Load and unload cargo
Properly track and document activity log
Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
Inspect truck before and after trip
Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
Maintain records such as vehicle logs, cargo records, billing statements in accordance with regulations.
Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
Use and maintain the tools and equipment found on commercial vehicles, such as weighing and measuring devices
WITHOUT CDL 3+ years experience; with CDL license 6+months experience
Ability to handle physical workload
Strong work ethic
High School Degree or equivalent required
Vision - Near, Far, Night.
* Hearing Sensitivity -The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
* Reaction Time - The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
* Spatial Orientation - The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
* Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
* Response Orientation - The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (lights, sounds, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
* Depth Perception - The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
* Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Working Environment:
* Driver - Work is generally performed in moving vehicle. Driving required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. physical requirements:
This is a temp to hire position. Compensation raise once hired on. Please do NOT apply if your experience is unrelated to the position's qualification. For immediate consideration, please apply along with your resume.