Hanover - York County
Job Type :
Friday, 24 February 2017
Manpower of Hanover, PA is searching for Field Welders to provide the skills necessary for the installation of stairs, rails and miscellaneous metals with a top local company in the area. These are DIRECT HIRE positions for candidates who are certified welders to AWS D1.1 and SMAW.
- Provide skills vital for the installation of stairs, rails and miscellaneous metals,
- Organize tools and materials for installations,
- Have proper certifications and qualifications to operate equipment and tools,
- Report any observed safety violations or situations that may affect the safety of any crew member,
- Monitor the maintenance of service trucks, welders, tools and equipment and inform Foreman of any issues,
- Wear proper P.P.E. and follow site specific safety plans laid out for each job,
- Review Tool-Box shop talks and follow all job site safety regulations,
- Adhere to all company policies,
- Ensure that work performed exceeds high quality standards,
- Properly represent the company in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma/GED,
- Have working knowledge of AWS D1.1 and SMAW, FCAW, GMAW and GTAW processes,
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the miscellaneous metals field for a minimum of 2+ years,
- Must be capable of reading blueprints and doing lay-out,
- Have current welder certifications or be able to pass a weld test,
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and an understanding of angles and degrees,
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while exercising sound judgment at all times,
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
- Have considerable knowledge of tools and equipment,
- Ability to provide leadership to accomplish goals set for job completion,
- Ability to bend, twist and stand for 10 hour shifts,
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds,
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule and travel time,
- Valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle.
These positions will operate on 1st shift, 10 hour days, starting around 5/6am. Travel within a 100 mile radius of the Hanover location will be required. Employees will report to job sites that will vary from day-to-day, week-to-week in areas located within PA, VA, WV, DC and MD. Travel pay will be offered for distances exceeding 20 miles from employee's homes. Overnight stay and travel pay will be offered if the distance is more than 2 hours away. Pay rates will range from $20-28/hr depending on experience.
Interested applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 630-8423 for immediate consideration and additional information.
Referrals are welcome AND rewarded.