Job Type :
Thursday, 23 February 2017
Manpower is hiring for a CNC Machine Repair Tech for our client in Watertown in this position you will repair CNC metal working machines and manual machines; repair electronics, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic assemblies of CNC equipment. Repair equipment following proper maintenance methodology with or without blueprints or schematics; using meters, handtools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This is a DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY.
1. Visually inspect, observe operation/function, make appropriate electrical or mechanical determinations, identify problem, locate malfunctions, discuss repair path and priority, request components, repair in timely manner, verify and test machine functionality following repairs.
2. Dismantle machine and equipment to gain access to problem areas using hand tools and power tools. Inspect or measure parts to detect wear, misalignment problems.
3. Remove and replace worn or defective parts of electronic, drive mechanism or hydraulic system, using meters and hand tools. Use proper repair methodology, with or with out blueprints, diagrams, schematics and manuals.
4. Re-align and adjust components, level machine beds, spindles and clutches, using handtools and following standard trouble shooting methods.
5. May modify computer-controlled motions, apply knowledge of program commands and using controller and teach pendant.
6. May modify sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components, such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism, applying knowledge of shop math, hydraulics, and mechanics and may use computer keyboard and software programs.
7. May supervise and train maintenance workers in repair functions as necessary.
8. Provide insight regarding technical education and safety protocol.
9. Install machines and all related air, hydraulic pipes, conduit and wiring on machines.
10. Verify and test equipment operation following repair.
3-5 years repair maintenance, or service experience or a combination thereof
CNC repair school and /or CNC repair experience
Good understanding of electronics, wiring, drives, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics.
Ability to read blue prints and use measuring equipment.
High School diploma or equivalent
Additional technical schooling preferable