Job Type :
Monday, 27 February 2017
Job Related Experience None
Job Summary: The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms in accordance with standards of quality and quantity as established by the Holiday Inn & Suites, St. Cloud.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Serve guests and associates in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner consistently
2. Greet hotel guests before they greet you.
3. Practice "Instant Guest Satisfaction" which states when any hotel associate receives a request or concern from a guest they are to remedy the concerns without the guest needing to contact any other hotel associate.
4. Communicate effectively with management staff and fellow associates. Communication must be timely, respectful, and without exception.
5. Participate in additional activities as deemed necessary by management. Includes departmental meetings, service training, orientation, etc.
6. Follow hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and adhere to department policies and procedures.
7. Clean all floors to meet hotel standards. Includes vacuuming carpet, washing bathroom floors, spot cleaning on carpet as needed, and vacuuming hallways of designated area of cleaning, leaving the floor absent of debris, dirt, and stains.
8. Clean all surfaces to meet hotel standards. Includes dusting all furniture pieces, including but not limited to dresser, armoire, nightstand, headboards, refrigerator, window sills, HVAC units, television, pictures, and lamps; leaving all surfaces absent of dirt, stains, mold, dust and debris.
9. Remove all garbage, dirty dishes and linens, or personal belongings from the room and handle appropriately, according to hotel standards. Items for Lost and Found should be handled as per department policy.
10. Clean bathrooms thoroughly to meet hotel standards, using prescribed cleaners/disinfectants to eliminate bacteria and germs. Includes that bathtub/shower, toilets, shower curtains, countertop, sink, walls, mirrors, light fixtures, vents, coffee maker, and hair dryer.
11. Make up room according to hotel standards. Includes making the beds neatly with non-stained or damaged linen, positioning the furniture appropriately, ensuring that the remote controls are working and are placed appropriately, room temperature is set appropriately, light bulbs are not burnt out, paper supplies are stocked, and other items (i.e. guest comment card, Blues Revue flyer, collateral materials, coffee condiments, etc.) are placed appropriately and are not wrinkled or stained and are in good condition.
12. Promptly report all maintenance needs in writing by filling out Maintenance Request Form. If necessary, bring to attention of Room Supervisor to place room in DNR (Do Not Rent) status.
13. Report all incidents of theft, and/or damage to rooms, evidence of illegal activities, and security concerns to the department manager immediately.
14. Cleans rooms according to productivity standards (30 minutes per room / 45 minutes per suite per person)
15. Complete other duties as deemed necessary to provide teamwork to fellow associates and deliver excellent guest services.
Non-Essential Job Duties
16. Performs related work as required
Physical Demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing Approximately ½ of the time
Walking Approximately ½ of the time