Job Type :
Monday, 20 February 2017
Function: Contribute to the growth and success of the business through the advancement of communication initiatives that effectively enhance the reputation and image of the business. The position is also responsible for assisting with key events as assigned.
General Skills: The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of written communications experience. Strong organization, creativity and collaboration skills are required. Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, and an individual who works well in a team environment. Must be dedicated to the organization's values and mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Recommend, develop and implement communication initiatives to effectively promote the organization and its programs. Effectively set goals, objectives and budgets to reach desired outcomes, as well as monitoring and evaluating outcomes.
2. Develop and create communications, reports, marketing /collateral materials, and advertising, including print and online bulletins and publications.
3. Maintain website and social media platforms, including development of content.
4. Prepare and write news releases for organization events and services, as well as pitch programs and services to target media.
5. Serve as the staff resource /contact for third-party publications.
6. Serve as the organization's official photographer at events and manage the organization's photographic library.
7. Provide good customer service and outreach.
9. Foster positive relationships with merchants, businesses, opinion leaders, and elected officials as needed.
10.. Perform other assignments, as assigned by the Executive Director.