Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Alberta Complex - Professional - (CAN) 10201 Jasper Ave. (Professional) AB Edmonton , AB - T5J 3N7 Phone : 780-420-0110
Agricultural Sales Rep (Crop Production Advisor)
With over 55 years of experience, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, Manpower is seeking an Agricultural Sales Rep (Crop Production Advisor), to fulfill a permanent position in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
This position will be accountable for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives of the company's products and services.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
* Meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
* Implementing on-farm based sales strategy to promote company products and services
* Maintaining and analyzing a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
* Developing and maintaining effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customer with whom the company can profitable to do business
* Providing timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers; arranging for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
* Arranging for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
* Keeping informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
* Reviewing customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
* Keeping records and preparing reports on sales activities
* Interpreting soil, tissue and water analysis
* Researches and responds to technical inquiries
To be successful in this role, as an Agricultural Sales Rep (Crop Production Advisor), you will have:
* Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
* Minimum 5+ years' of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
* Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
* Minimum 2 - 3+ years' sales experience
* CCA or P.Ag. Accreditation would be considered a strong asset
* Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
* Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
* Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
* Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license
* Ability to meet the company policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact Casey at 403.269.6936.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.