Science and Research
CAD50000.00-55000.00 per year
Stoney Creek, ON - (CAN) 435 McNeilly Road Suite 106 ON Stoney Creek , ON - L8E 5E3 Phone : 905-527-1534
Manpower currently has an exciting opportunity for a full time food scientist with a client of ours based out of Hamilton. This is a full time, permanent opportunity that will provide an excellent team environment, and an opportunity for career advancement.
What the job is?
- Responsible for prototype creation including setting up recipes, taking and preparing samples and evaluating results.
- Take the lead on trials to ensure products meet required specifications, documenting and reporting outcomes.
- Attend first production runs, monitor performance on line and make recommendations
- Lead reformulation projects for product improvements, ingredient substitutions, cost reduction or plant simplification.
- Working closely with various departments to ensure top quality and overall objectives are met.
- Conduct chemical and physical lab analysis.
- Manage sample inventory of packaging, raw ingredients and finished goods.
- Organize sample shipments to customers
What's in it for you?
- Full time hours Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm (one afternoon shift per month for product trials).
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Highly autonomous role with the ability for career growth.
- BSc in Food Science or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in R&D within the food industry.
- Previous manufacturing experience with fresh and or frozen products an asset.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply for immediate consideration.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.