Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Winnipeg, MB - (CAN) 400 St. Mary Ave. Suite 105 MB Winnipeg , MB - R3C 4K5 Phone : 204-949-7800
For over 60 years, Manpower, a global leader in the staffing industry, has been partnering with a diverse client base to create and deliver custom innovative workforce solutions to help them and you win, in the changing world of work. Manpower is seeking a Crop Product Advisor, to fulfill a permanent position in Hamiota, Ninga and Swan River, Manitoba.
This position as a Crop Production Advisor will be accountable for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives of the company's products and services.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
* Meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
* Implementing on-farm based sales strategy to promote company products and services
* Maintaining and analyzing a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
* Developing and maintaining effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customer with whom the company can profitable to do business
* Providing timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers; arranging for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
* Arranging for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
* Keeping informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
* Reviewing customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
* Keeping records and preparing reports on sales activities
* Interpreting soil, tissue and water analysis
* Researches and responds to technical inquiries
To be successful in this role, as a Crop Production Advisor, you will have the following accreditation's:
* Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
* Minimum 5+ year's of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
* Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
* Minimum 2 - 3+ year's sales experience
* CCA or P.Ag. Accreditation would be considered a strong asset
* Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
* Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
* Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
* Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license
* Ability to meet the company policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpower.ca , follow us on Facebook Manpower Winnipeg.