Science and Research
USD50000-60000 per year
Stamford, CT - (USA) 113 Broad Street CT Stamford , CT - 06901 Phone : 203-363-7871
Company in Stratford, CT that specializes in hydrocarbon specialty chemicals is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic. This is Direct Perm Hire. Salary 50 to 60K
Maintenance Mechanics are primarily responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting equipment, equipment modifications, upkeep of buildings, facilities and properties.
* Helps ensure a place of employment that is free from recognized hazards by performing all job functions in a safe and prudent manner, complying with all applicable loss control related regulations, complying with the Company's loss control policy, and reporting unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, injuries or illnesses to Loss Control or to the immediate supervisor.
* Reviews the work area for potential losses and loss control opportunities and reports them to Loss Control or to the immediate supervisor.
* Properly uses and maintains personal protective equipment, when provided by the supervisor or Loss Control or required under applicable regulations.
* Perform safe work practices to provide for the control of hazards during maintenance operations including but not limited to lockout/tagout; confined space entry; hot work as necessary, per 29 CFR 1910.119 Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals.
* Initiates incident reports for injuries, spills, fires, or other property damage, per 29 CFR 1904 Recording and Reporting Occupational Injuries and Illness and Company requirements.
* Operate a forklift and aerial platform in a safe and prudent manner.
* Safely lift and carry (for approximately 10-20 feet) heavy objects weighing up to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis.
* Safely climb ladders (using feet, legs, hands and arms) and work safely at heights (approximately 30 ft.)
* Wear personal protective equipment, which may include but not be limited to, hart hat, safety shoes, work uniforms, safety gloves, hearing protection, safety eyewear, arc flash accessories and emergency response equipment.
* Wear dust mask and half/full-face air-purifying and supplied air respirator, in the performance of job duties and emergency response team duties.
* Work in confined spaces, on a periodic basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* 5+ years previous experience in a manufacturing environment required.
* 2+ years previous experience in a chemical environment preferred.
* Ability to operate a computer and peripheral equipment
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and efficiently.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure.
* Ability to communicate and work as a member of a team.
* Ability to compute and record data accurately.
* Ability to work and communicate with other departments, co-workers, customers, vendors and contractors.
* Computer/peripheral equipment, calculator, two-way emergency radios, telephone, scales, pumps and mixers, hand tools, packaging equipment, powered industrial vehicles, and a variety of other manufacturing equipment